Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use
to change the world.
Why Join Us?
A family of schools achieving excellence and empowering individuality
There are many benefits to joining Excalibur Academies Trust, but the most important is the difference we make to the educational experience and achievement of every child attending one of our academies. We are a values-driven organisation with a strong moral purpose, a track record of raising standards and narrowing the gap for disadvantaged pupils, and we believe that every school joining us will be stronger by being part of our family of schools.
As a large, mixed multi-academy trust, we offer:
- A highly effective Academy Improvement Team with experienced primary and secondary specialists
- High quality professional development for all staff
- Opportunities for career progression across the Trust
- A talent management and succession planning strategy
- Opportunities for staff secondments and on the job training
- Free membership of Excalibur Teaching School Alliance
- A support and challenge partner to provide tailored school improvement
- Membership of a range of Trust-wide network groups, including Principals’ Forum
- Support and training for Local Governing Bodies, including an LGB Chairs’ Forum
- A strong and experienced Board of Directors
- The financial security of being part of a £35 million organisation
- Excellent back office support in finance, HR, H&S, estate management and marketing
- A staff recruitment and retention strategy
- Access to capital funding
- Support and resources to deliver on our staff Wellbeing Strategy
- Participation in our Sustainability Strategy
We believe that working together makes us stronger, and by growing we can invest in more support for schools – school improvement and back office – and in more research and development to scale up effective approaches. The future is exciting and we welcome schools who share our vision and values to be part of the Excalibur adventure!
Our Track Record
Our track record speaks for itself. All of our schools are judged by Ofsted to be good or outstanding, except for our two recently joined sponsored academies which are rapidly improving. Our schools perform above national averages and progress for disadvantaged pupils is significantly higher than nationally. We are proud to provide a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum which meets the needs of our pupils, and we do not game the system or participate in off-rolling. There is no secret to our success; we focus on providing the highest quality first teaching, we look after our staff and students, and we invest in developing leadership capacity.
How We Operate
Every school within Excalibur retains its own identity, has its own Local Governing Body and manages its own budget. Our schools serve very different communities and we celebrate the diversity this brings to the Trust. Whilst we all operate within the vision, values and aims of the Trust, we believe in individuality not conformity, and each school is encouraged and supported to tailor its provision to meet the needs of its pupils.
We all share the aim of achieving excellence and we work collaboratively to co-design our structures and systems, and our approaches to teaching and leadership, learning from and building on evidence of what works. We enjoy working together, sharing expertise and planning in partnership, with no school left behind.
Whilst we know how to improve schools and will ensure that every school quickly addresses any areas of weakness, we do not impose a strait-jacket on school leaders or teachers. We know there is more than one way to solve a problem and that we need creativity and innovation in our schools if we are to inspire our pupils and unleash potential. We encourage action research and blue sky thinking.
Interested? Get in touch:
Nicky Edmondson CEO
[email protected] 01672 516156